Domaine Denizot

VISIT THIS PRODUCER'S WEBSITE
LOCATE ON GOOGLE MAPS
A CREAM IMPORT SELECTION
Country of Origin: France
Location: Sancerre, Loire Valley
People: Thibauld & Jennifer Denizot, Owner & Winemaker
Viticulture: Practicing Organic

Items

Domaine Denizot 2021 'Damocles' Cote de l'epee Sancerre AOC Login AG 93 <1 Case
Domaine Denizot 2022 'Damocles' Cote de l'epee Sancerre AOC Login On Order
Domaine Denizot 2023 'Osmoze' Sancerre AOC Login On Order
Domaine Denizot 2022 Les Bouffants, Sancerre AOC Login On Order
Domaine Denizot 2021 'Biorga' Les Beaux Regards, Sancerre Rouge AOC Login In Stock
Domaine Denizot 2022 'Biorga' Les Beaux Regards, Sancerre Rouge AOC Login On Order
Domaine Denizot 2022 Sancerre Rouge AOC Login AG 87 In Stock
Domaine Denizot 2023 'Osmoze' Sancerre Rouge AOC Login On Order

Thibauld Denizot is the 8th generation winemaker at Domaine Denizot. Centered in Verdigny, the estate is 18.5-hectares with vineyard holdings composed of 75% Sauvignon Blanc and 25% Pinot Noir. 65% of the parcels are situated in the commune of Amigny with the remaining 35% divided among Verdigny, Chavignol, Sancerre, and Bue. 90% of the vines are grown in Sancerre on gravel-rich limestone-clay soil (caillotes), producing the most refined, chiseled wines. The Denizot grand cru holdings include parcels in les Bouffants, Côte de l’Épée, and Monts Damnés. The remaining 10% of vines are grown on Terres Blanches soil, which is Kimmeridgian marl that creates richer, more expressive wines.

In Sancerre, the skill of blending is one to achieve, and Thibauld is known as one of the most talented. He farms organically and his interventions are minimal allowing the natural flavors of the grapes to shine.

Reviews

  • Domaine Denizot 2021 'Damocles' Cote de l'epee Sancerre AOC
    Vinous
    Rating: 93 (7/27/2023)

    The 2021 Damocles hails from the single site, Cote de l'Epée. It is poor, rocky soil on a vertiginous slope, making a super intense, salty Sancerre. The wine equivalent of Superman flying at the speed of light with his arm in the air and his fist out front: the power and acidity positively pierce the wine. Gooseberry, green pea and fennel flavors linger on the scented, firm finish. The 2021 is uncompromising and singular.
  • Domaine Denizot 2022 Sancerre Rouge AOC
    Vinous
    Rating: 87 (7/27/2023)

    The 2022 Sancerre Rouge is a fruit-filled and floral Pinot Noir. It's light and fresh, leaving the mouth watering. The 2022 is dry, lightly smoky and has the chalkiest of tannins.