|« Previous||News||Next »|
May 11, 2021
El Camino del Albariño
is happening the whole month of JUNE in Chicago!
Olé & Obrigado and Cream invite the Chicagoland wine community to participate in El Camino del Albariño this June.
Founded by Olé & Obrigado and Yannick Benjamin in 2019, El Camino is a month-long celebration of the diversity and versatility of the Albariño grape which also raises awareness and funds for Wheeling Forward, whose mission is to help people with disabilities experience life to the fullest. This year is the first time cities outside of NYC can participate; Chicago will join Boston, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, and NYC in El Camino del Albariño 2021.
Restaurants and retailers can participate in El Camino del Albariño by featuring any Albariño in a special way. That said, Olé & Obrigado will be donating 10% of all its Albariño sales during the month of June to Wheeling Forward.
• Albariño BTG: Choose 1, 2, or more for the month or a rotating selection
• Special Menu Section: Design menu with a special box around the Albariños that informs patrons about raising funds for Wheeling Forward
• Albariño Flight: Feature an Albariño flight
• Food Pairing: Highlight or feature an Albariño pairing
• Display or Endcap
• Olé & Obrigado Paella & Albariño Experience Wine Package: Sunday, June 13th, Chef Marcos Campos (Bonhomme Group, Chicago) is hosting a zoom webinar at 12pm CST on how to make paella. The paella is being paired with 3 Albariños (Leirana, Nortico and Columna). 100% of ticket sales go to Wheeling Forward. Tickets are $10. Wine packages can include one, two, or all three of the event Albariños.
PROMOTION: Olé & Obrigado has planned a large marketing campaign to encourage consumers to imbibe Albariño in the participating cities. They want consumers to follow the road to Albariño! They will feature all account participants on the event landing page. They are also working with some of the best chefs in the world on an Albariño pairing cookbook that will be released on August 2nd, International Albariño Day. This cookbook will thank all participants by name. @Albarino_Alvarinho #CaminoAlbarino